Thursday, April 9, 2009

Body Art

I got myself a new tattoo last January. It's something that i had in my mind for a couple of years ago but wasn't allowed to do it then.


The idea of getting an ambigram tattoo came across me after reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (same author as The Da Vinci Code). I was really amazed by the ambigrams shown in the novel and i was actually studying how it managed to form into such manner. I find it really interesting simply because the words read the same upside down. I even tried creating an ambigram with some random words! It wasn't as easy as it seemed and mine came out a disaster, can barely read it..lolz..


I decided to go with the word Angels & Demons, well, not because i like the novel..but because I'm a Gemini. Gemini is known to have split/double personality, so, what better word other than Angels & Demons to describe a Gemini?


I was so sure of what i wanted to get, but didn't know where to have it strategically on my body. I thought that it will really look nice on the back of the neck, but i already had one there. My tattooist suggested that we could do it just right below of my old tattoo and we'll just have to alter the design a little to make 2 tattoos combined into one..




My tattoist, Kong Meng and Me.


I had my first tattoo when i was 19 done by him. Ever since then, i have been going back to him for more..=p I wouldn't say it's an addiction. I never have the feeling of wanting to get a tattoo done and just pick something random unless something caught my eyes and i really like it.




Stencilled on my skin and the pain will begin...
Abit nervous because i forgot how it felt like...it has been 4 years since i last felt the needles peircing through my skin...

The pain was probably 10% percent of what my heart feels..(I was heartbroken at that time, so nothing can be more painful than that!)


Done!!




It only took 1/2 hour to get this done. I super dig my new tattoo!! Love it!!



Janice was with me when i was getting the tattoo, she saw it and loved it as well. So, she decided to the same (besties ma!). Eli actually wanted to do it too, but she knows that Jeremy won't like the idea. So, she was just there watching us...although very tempted..heheeh!! She said it is unfair that both us of are getting the same one without her (she felt left out). But obviously she knows that it didn't matter if she have it or not, because that's not gonna be a barrier in our friendship..


My Babes..

*Eli*Janice*Me*

Janice had to call her boyfriend from Malaysia all the way to Vegas just to inform him that she's getting a new tattoo. But hey, i didn't influence her alright!! She really liked it and that's why she wants to do it!! Luckily her boyfriend didn't have much opinion about it...(bet he hates me!)


Actually our tattoo its slightly different because i've altered mine. Below is Janice's Angels & Demons.




Only the outline done. See, it reads the same after rotating 180 degrees..



Same same but different =p


After getting our tattoo done, Janice wanted to have Thai food for dinner. Both of us have fresh wounds, so we can't have seafood at all. Too bad for Janice because her favourite was seafood. We were so careful about the food selection..






The ambigram is created by the brilliant John Langdon. .


-------------------------------------------------------------------------


And now, I'm thinking of a new tattoo to add into my collection of body art. Still a little confuse on which to do, so i don't mind some opinions or suggestions...


I had this idea of having an anklet tattoo for a few years already, but due to some circumstances, i wasn't allowed to have more than i already had, but now i can have as much as i want! So here are some images that i googled online that i like..


I like this! But i don't think it'll be a good idea for me to have the cross as a charm because i'm not a Christian eventhough i'm a free thinker...


So i thought i'd opt for my zodiac sign as the charm instead....


Seriously, this doesn't look like a Gemini's sign to me. Can somebody help clarify?? The design of the chain doesn't seem appealing and feminine enough for me. I prefer the one's that are shown below, but also have a hard time deciding on which...(look at designs of the chain)




This image of Gemini is so damn cute right? Angel and Devil. Matches my latest tattoo too, Angels and Demons. It'll be cute to have it as a charm..

Another Gemini sign...


I also have a thing for the Fleur De Lis. Translated from French as 'lily flower'. It is also the emblem of the beautiful city of Florence, Italy..which i hope to visit one day.



So many choices!!! How???!!!




I dig this!! If it's possible to achieve an effect like this, i'll do this!!


Gemini sign or Fluer De Lis as the charm?!?!

(or should i get 2 charms so i don't have to choose neither one?)



All of my tattoos are no bigger than the size of a cigarrette box. According to my tattoist, he thinks that anything bigger than that doesn't suit my petite body frame. As i was browsing around for tattoo designs, i came across this.....


This is totally cute and i absolutely like this!! And now it will be just a matter of time until i'm ready to go so extreme...=) My gosh!! The stars will definitely stretch like mad during pregnancy..haha!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

florence (or firenze as the locals call it) is in Italy, not france, fyi
also, it is the most beautiful city in the world fwiw

Phaik Yee said...

Appreciate your correction. My geography is really bad..=)

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
masami said...

That's a Leo sign. The shop I work for is "Gemini tattoo". That is prolly how this image popped up in your search... well, too bad you don't like it though.